- White card stock (or very light color) NO PAPER.
- Safety pins or clothing tagging gun (see above to purchase)
- Plastic zip or slide lock bags (To hold accessories/parts)
- Packing tape, masking tape and/or scotch tape as needed to secure tags, parts or bags of accessories.
- String, zip ties (find at most hardware or home improvement stores) or ribbon (to attach tags to toys, equipment, etc)
- Child sized metal or plastic hangers for clothing (Adult size hangers are okay for larger sized clothing, but please do not stretch little clothes onto large hangers.)
- Gather together all of your tagging supplies along with the items you will be
- Separate your clothing by gender and size so that you have one pile per gender per size (for example one pile 2T girls, another 4T boys, another
books etc.). This really helps to make your online entry go much faster!
Save Time – Purchase a Tagging Gun!
How to Use our Online Tagging System
TotSwap uses an online barcode tagging system through our partner site MyConsignmentManager. This may sound a little intimidating , but it is VERY EASY.
- To register for the upcoming sale (new or returning consignor), please click this link MyConsignmentManager and follow the instructions.
- You will set up an account with MyConsignmentManager and then register for the TotSwap sale of your choice.
- Please choose a seller number to include the first letter of your last name + the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- If you are a returning consignor, your consignor number will remain the same. However, you will still need to log in, register and pay for each sale you want to participate in.
- Be sure to read our newsletters and/or Facebook page for any changes or updates to items accepted.
- If you are interested in taking advantage of our Team Member benefits, you may sign up for a shift within your MyConsignmentManager account.
- Consignors with over 100 items must schedule a drop-off time by clicking “Check-In” from the blue bar at the top of the page. If you have less than 100 items, it is recommended, not required. Consignors with over 200 items MUST schedule a time prior to 6p on the first day of drop-off.
How to Create Your Tags
Once you have registered through our partner site MyConsignmentManager for our TotSwap sale you may
begin entering your information to create a tag for each of your items. These tags will be printed out in the end – either as a group, or individually, whichever you prefer. Printing instructions are also included below.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- 1. Log In with your user name & password
- 2. Click on Enter Items
- 3. Begin Entering Your first item: Your Consignor ID is also your Seller # .
- 4. Under Consignment select the appropriate sale
- 5. From Size drop down menu select the Size of your item if applicable. (Numerical only no S, M, L, XL) Maternity items should show S, M, L, or XL.
- 6. Next use the Description space to identify & sell your item! If a tag becomes separated from an item, we use this description to put the two items back together, this happens a lot!! You can also use the space to sell your item. Is it a name brand? If so, list the name brand in this space. If the item is New or Like New, list that information there too. If an item is marked one size but wears like another, point that out. For larger items, it may be beneficial to point out the item’s original or retail price. This may convince the buyer of the great deal they will be getting.
- 7. Next you may choose to Discount – By clicking here you are indicating that you want to sell your item for ½ price during the half priced sale on Sunday.
- 8. Now you may choose to Donate – Tell us what items you want to take home with you after the sale. A “Yes” will indicate that you will NOT be taking that item back home after the sale, and TotSwap will be donating the item on your behalf. NOTE: All items must be picked up during our posted pick-up hours on Sunday or they will become the possession of TotSwap and may be donated regardless of what is indicated on the tag. ALL remaining items are offered to the public at Dollar Dash. Consignors do NOT earn commission on items sold during this portion of the sale. Donations are made AFTER Dollar Dash.
- 9. Now it’s time to select a Price for your item– Minimum price must be $2 and increase in $1 increments. Bundle items together if individually they cannot be priced for $2 or more. Click here for more ideas about pricing your items. For Pricing Help Click Here
- 10. Next, choose a category for your item from the dropdown menu.
- 11. Finally, select Add Item. Now your tag has been saved to your account and you may continue this process for the remainder of your items.
- 12. This entire process will go very quickly. Once you have pressed “Add Item” it has been added to your inventory. You can enter some or all of your items at once, that is up to you. By selecting Manage Inventory you can view and/or make changes to your tags.
- 13. You may also select Print Tags to print out the required barcoded tag to attach to your item. You can choose to either print your tags all at once or you can do a little bit at a time, it’s up to you. For most printers, you will need to feed your cardstock into the printer one page at a time. Each sheet will print 8 tags which you will need to cut apart on the lines as indicated on the page.
- 14. Do not make handwritten changes or corrections to your tags. Make a new tag if you make a mistake or change your mind about a price.